Tasks make it possible to track how many hours employees have worked for specific Customers, Departments, Locations, Projects or Job Numbers during the course of a Shift or Workday.
Tasks allow administrators to perform Job Costing. Employees start and stop Tasks throughout their shift, selecting a Customer, Department, Location, Project or entering a Job Number to associate with each Task. Administrators run reports at the end of the day, week, month or for date ranges reflecting billable hours to your organization's customers.
Tasks can be created ahead of time by supervisors or administrators on behalf of employees, making it more convenient for employees to start and stop Tasks without the need to specify details such as Locations or Customers.
Employees see waiting tasks each time they clock in, and can see an overview of tasks assigned to them on their punch clocks. See Time & Attendance->Punch Clocks->Punch Clock Usage for full details.
Employees can themselves create new Tasks directly from their Punch Clocks. An employee can have multiple active Tasks running at one time.
Supervisors can use their punch clock to create tasks and start or stop them on behalf of their Team Members.
A Task can bet set to any of the following Statuses:
- Not Started - The task is either scheduled for a later date and not yet active, or is active but not yet started by the employee.
- Started - The task is active and being worked on by at least 1 employee.
- Completed - The task's 'Percentage Complete' value has been set to 100% and has been completed.
- Cancelled - The Task has been cancelled.
- Request - An employee is requesting approval to work on a Task.
- Rejected - An administrator or supervisor has rejected an employee's request to start the Task.
To create a new Task from a punch clock, see Time & Attendance->Punch Clocks->Punch Clock Usage
To create a new Task from the dashboard:
- Select Project Management->Tasks->Tasks For Employees I Supervise and tap the + icon.
- Set a Due Date - The Date on which the Task becomes Active.
- Optionally select a Department, Location, Customer, or Project.
- Optionally enter a Job Number your organization has specified for this Task.
- Select a Task Lead or leave blank if you are the Lead.
- Tap Select Employees, choose employees and tap Done
- Tap Apply
The Task Lead and Task Workers see newly created Tasks on their punch clocks each time they punch in. They can also start and stop the task at any time, and set it to 'Completed' when done. The Task Lead can start and stop the Task on behalf of any Task Worker.
To see a list of Tasks assigned to you, select Project Management->Tasks To see a list of Tasks of employee you supervise, select Project Management->Tasks->Tasks for Employees I Supervise
To filter the list of Tasks, tap the Filter icon, and choose 'Filter By Status' as well as a date range.
Each Task can have associated Notes.
To view task notes, view the Task and expand the Task Notes section.
To add a task note, tap + Add Task Note under the Task Notes section of the Task.
Task Trip Logs
Each Task can have associated Trips.
To view task trips, view the Task and expand the Task Trips section.
To add a task trip, tap + Add Task Trip under the Task Trips section of the Task.
Each Task can have associated Expenses.
To view task expenses, view the Task and expand the Task Expenses section.
To add a task expense, tap + Add Task Expense under the Task Expenses section of the Task.
It is possible to trigger Premium Policies when an employee works on a Task associated with a specific department, location, project or customer.
For example, is it possible to create a Premium Policy to pay double-time if an employee starts a task and selects 'Emergency Work' or other department you have selected to trigger a special premium. See Payroll & Benefits->PremiumPolicies for full details.
Export Job Costing and Task Reports
To export a Task Report, select Project Management->Tasks->ExportReport